Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ten Song Shuffle

With all of the music on your computer at your disposal, put your play button on shuffle and write down the first ten songs that your machine kicks out. Forgive me for not giving credit but I can’t remember where I got this idea, perfect for someone like me who currently has a lot of free time.

I have something like 60 gigs of music on my hard drive so there is a lot to work with.

1) The Honk Kong Triad by Thievery Corporation. Synth-pop instrumental.

2) Radio Ga Ga by Queen. At 5:43 minutes this song seems like it was probably too long for radio. I recently downloaded Queen’s Greatest Hits after hearing “You’re My Best Friend” on a movie soundtrack and realized that I had none of their music.

3) Jam Blues by Charlie Parker. I think that I have every note recorded by the Bird, I even have some of his outtakes.

4) Adagio from Serenade #10 by Mozart. This is a great piece, the deceptive genius of which was pointed out by Salieri in the film Amadeus.

5) The Therapist by unknown artist from the soundtrack to the movie Next Stop Wonderland. All of the music is either Brazilian bossa nova or heavily influenced by it.

6) Family Reunion by The O’Jays. Not one of this Motown dynasty’s better cuts.

7) Hot Poop by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention from their album We’re only in it for the money. Clocking in at only :26 seconds, this hardly qualifies as a song, but rules are rules.

8) Noa e Fácil by Marisa Monte. Super-sexy Brazilian chanteuse (or however you say that in Portuguese).

9) Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie.

10) Rodenos by El Niño de Ronda. It’s slightly ironic that my list of songs ends with a Spanish flamenco number considering that my next permanent address will be in that country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.