Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Professor Frink's Virtual Chili

I don’t have a very good reason for posting this picture here except that I think this is one of the funniest things that I had ever seen on The Simpsons, and that’s saying a lot. It is from their 8th season in an episode where Homer goes to Springfield’s chili cook-off. This image appears for only a second on screen and if you blinked you would have missed it next to the other booths at the cook-off. Professor Frink is the show's pastiche of Jerry Lewis from The Nutty Professor. If there were any justice in the world I would be able to imitate Frink’s voice from the show, although in this episode he didn’t have a speaking part. A picture really is worth a thousand words but not a thousands words spoken by Professor Frink because that dude is nutty.

The best line in an episode filled with zingers comes after Homer has sampled Cheif Wiggums' fiery-hot chili. The Doctor says, "By all medical logic, steam should be shooting out of his ears." To which Crusty replies, "His ears if we're lucky."

P.S. I just realized by accident that I have a program that can take a still shot from any video which allowed me to capture this great frame (too bad the quality is sub-par).

1 comment:

If you can't say something nice, say it here.