Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday at Home



Saturday at Home

It´s Saturday evening and we´re waiting for some guests to arrive for dinner. Most of the cooking has already been accomplished. I made a roasted chicken that turned out wonderfully. I just oven-roast an entire chicken that I rub with garlic, smear with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. I then stand it up with a half a can of beer in the body cavity so it looks like it is walking, headless in the pan. The skin cooks up really crispy. It is simple yet delicious. We also made patatas bravas, one of my favorites. The problem is that they always have a great game on TV on Saturday evenings starting at ten o´clock, right when we will be sitting down to eat. Tonight´s game is Barcelona and Sevilla—two of the better teams right now. I set the table so that I sit strategically facing the television. What? Is that being kind of a slob? I´m not going to have the sound on...unless someone scores a really cool goal. Hey, it wasn´t my idea to have a dinner tonight when Bacelona and Sevilla are slugging it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.