Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Fight Fire With Fire…And Then Some!

Sorry for writing this but I just had to share it with someone. I was killing time during the Fallas festival here in Valencia last week. It was late in the afternoon and I was reading a book at an outside table at a café near my apartment. Three people walked up and started throwing really loud firecrackers. Firecrackers are a big part of Fallas and they are just an annoyance that you learn to live with. I usually don’t mind but I was trying to read and I couldn’t understand why these three adults, a man and two women, had stopped here to light firecrackers. I couldn’t really tell them to fuck off and go someplace else; it wouldn’t be in the spirit of the festival. Instead, I got up from my table, walked over to them, and ripped a really loud fart. I usually can’t fart on command but I guess that all of the funky festival food I had been eating at street stalls helped me out. I returned to my reading. They left immediately without uttering a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.