Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Return From Computer Hell

I think that I am over the darkest part now. It was touch and go there for a while but I think that I have survived. I had a computer meltdown. I learned my lesson when my external hard drive shit the bed on me several months ago so I have been extra-diligent in making sure everything I have is backed-up on DVD. I only lost a few pictures and I actually think that I may be able to recover everything on the hard drive of my Dell Inspiron computer. The good news is that I now have a brand new Acer laptop with lots of cool stuff on it and a 250 gig hard drive.

The Bad news is that everything is in Spanish. The good news is that I never really knew shit about computers in English so for me to switch from English to Spanish is probably easier than someone changing from Windows to Mac. I probably should have made that leap myself as I also have to learn the new Windows Vista operating system. If anyone can tell me what advantages this has over Windows XP I´d love to hear it. I can´t find anything about it that I like better. I do like my new version of Microsoft Office and the new MS Word program (also in Spanish).

I haven´t looked at my credit card statement to see exactly how much this is all going to cost me in American currency but I´m pretty sure I´m taking it right on the chin with the dollar in the toilet like it is today. Someone told me they saw a rap video with the gangsters waving around euro notes instead of greenbacks. Any economist worth his salt will tell you that when gangsta rappers switch to euros, our currency is doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.