Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Chain Letter



1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy with this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?

I like having the anonymity or the façade of it anyway. I’m getting paid a bit to write somewhere else and I would rather not mix this blog with what I write for money and publication. I’m not so stupid that I don’t realize that in this day and age not only would no one pay me to write some of the slanderous and goofball political stuff I pen but it is also a liability.

2. Describe an incident that describes your stubborn side.

The fact that I will play chicken with a car just because I think the driver is being an asshole and someone needs to call him on it (I use the masculine here because it is almost always—if not ALWAYS—the case).  All I can say is that if I get hit and the jerk doesn’t kill me I am going to fuck him up and good. Cars should be outlawed.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Either a fat tub of guts or superman; it depends on how I treated myself the day previous.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Either beer, or white wine, of maybe sangria, or a gin and tonic if I’m dressed up (anything other than surf trunks and a football jersey is dressy in the summer for me), or maybe all of these mixed together.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Fight crime or knit.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

Are you kidding me with this one? Let’s just say that there are many things I would like to accomplish and leave it at that.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class over-achiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I was sort of the clown-bully. At least I was in high school. At university I was too busy to be anything but a broke, stressed-out, and constantly struggling student. I used to balance my checkbook down to the penny…no joke. I lived on beans and rice.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?

I went bowling for the first and only time when I was about 12 years old. I knocked all of the things down with one ball. I felt like Leonardo Di Caprio in Titanic. So what I see is me hanging on the ball return with my arms outstretched screaming, “I’m the king of the world!”

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

That’s none of your fucking business. You could read every word I have ever written here (and there are a lot of words) and you probably couldn’t find out much about me except that I ride a bike a lot.


10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

How about reading a book to someone over the phone? Is that one of the choices? Why can’t “burning things” be on the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.