Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Copa del Rey: Real Madrid 1-0 FC Barcelona

The New York Times called it an ugly win by Mourinho. I wouldn’t agree. It looked to me that he took Pep Guardiola to school. It doesn’t hurt to have the best goal keeper in the game on your team as Iker Casillas had a brilliant game. Two games down and two more to play for Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. 

I used to live a block from Mestalla Stadium and in all my years here I have never seen anything like the party outside the stadium for this match. The people here in Valencia are mostly Barça supporters and it really showed by the enormous crowd. The were a lot of Barcelona jerseys and lots of singing.The Real Madrid fans were mostly contained in their Fan Zone at Turia Park. The Barça crowd filled most of the north end of the city. It was a lot of fun and a great game. I think Mourinho simply outplayed Guardiola like he did last year when Inter eliminated Barça in the Champions League. 

I can't wait to see what happens when these two teams play each other again on Wednesday at Bernabéu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.