Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Copa del Rey


A crazy day for football today in Valencia with the Copa del Rey beginning at 9:30 this evening between Real Madrid and Fútbol Club Barcelona. The Real Madrid fans have a huge tent in Turia Park. I rode by at 5:00 and the place was going wild. I was wearing a Valencia CF t-shirt just to advertise my neutrality. I don’t care who wins; I just want to see a great match.

There were hundreds more supporters for both teams in the city center. I love the electricity in the air before a big game like this. Valencia hosted the Copa del Rey two years ago between Barça and Athletic Bilbao. This time we have Real Madrid, the greatest team in the history of the sport*, and Barcelona which now is probably one of the best teams to ever play the game. It should be an epic match and I’m almost tinkling myself waiting for it to begin at 9:30 this evening.

I am in a pool and I have Barça winning 2-1.

*Madrid has won many more titles and trophies than Barça.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.