Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mid-Week Summer Vacation...on October 12!

1893 replicas of Niña, Pinta, and Santa María
Historically I doubt that this holiday, Día de la Hispanidad, has been celebrated by a mass exodus to the beach. Whether today is unique, climatically speaking, I can't say but I do bear witness to the fact that I have never seen so many people on the beach bike path to El Saler. The temperature is supposed to reach 33 degrees today.

Back when I was a teenager my family lived in Hawaii. That’s about the only comparison that I can make to our current weather here in Valencia. So you can think of Valencia as Hawaii but with much better food.

1 comment:

If you can't say something nice, say it here.