Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Family Affair

While investigating my ancestors I found this quote from my great uncle, Friedhelm Maximilian Reinhold Scheck (“Corky” or "The Corkmeister" to his friends), before he was chased out of Germany in 1938. “Somewhere on this planet a piano is falling ten floors to the street below. The challenge all humanity faces is to find a way to put Adolf Hitler between it and the sidewalk.”

Perhaps I should make my fictitious great uncle a regular feature here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't blame my ficticious great-uncle for Hitler. Had more people mocked him at the beginning more Germans would have seen him for the ridiculous little shit that he was.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.