Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Potato and Zucchini Soup







I wanted to try a new soup recipe. I was determined to make only a few servings instead of my usual “Feed an Army” strategy until I passed through the vegetable aisle at the supermarket and they had bags of great looking potatoes in bags of five kilos for less than 2€. If you think that I'm capable of walking away from a deal like that then you don’t know me at all. So it looks like I’ll have soup for at least 20 people.

It’s a simple enough recipe. Boil some potatoes with an onion and garlic. Add zucchini and when it is all cooked pour off some of the water and liquefy. Add some stock, either beef or chicken and you can add some cream (I added Greek yogurt) to thicken it up. I added browned onions cooked with the bacon I just cured. The only seasoning I used was salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.