Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Monsoon Season in Valencia



OK, it’s finally official: I have become a Spanish grandmother. How else is it possible to explain the fact that I am talking about the weather? I’ve been called worse and the shitty weather just gives me an excuse to stay home and read my eyes out. At the moment I am discovering César Aira, a writer from Buenos Aires. Sui generis is not too strong a description of what I have read thus far. 


The upside to all this rain is that many of the wetlands around the city are returning after being absent for many years. I haven't seen water in this little lagoon behind El Saler Beach in 4-5 years, maybe even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.